Our Morning Basket...

Before I keep on telling you about all of our curriculum choices, I thought I would share about our Morning Basket. I'm super excited about this, it will be something completely new for us this year, and I think it will be a great fit for our family.

My boys are early-risers, (Brandon a little less of one since becoming a teenager) and Natalie, on the other hand, has always been a night owl, and she is rather hard to wake up in the morning. The morning basket is a good way to ease everyone into their days.

We will start with Bible reading and reading from either a message or our Family Alter devotional book, followed by a read-aloud time from various books. We will be starting the year reading Ruby Holler... I'll share a list of our read-aloud books at a later date.

While I read aloud, the kids who are wide awake and ready to do something will be able to use activity or coloring books, and the ones who aren't can just listen and have a bit of time to wake up at their own pace. By the time our morning hour is over, everyone should be wide awake and ready to get started with our school work.

I plan to rotate the content of our Morning Basket every couple of months.

Comments

Popular Posts